Cannot install layer sdk

I get this error when trying to install the layer-sdk: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:

Could you please provide more details about the error ?

• Which OS are you using ?
  • Which command you are using to install ?

If there are more logs printed please do share them with us to better assist you.

Thanks,
Emin

I’m using pip install layer-sdk to install the layer-sdk and I’m using windows 10. The output of the error is:

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: 'c:\python39\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\henry\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-qnjdawky\\brotlipy_51a03ddcd10e4fefa0a68da0cb0cdf60\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\henry\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-qnjdawky\\brotlipy_51a03ddcd10e4fefa0a68da0cb0cdf60\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-bbash48s\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'c:\python39\Include\brotlipy'
         cwd: C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-qnjdawky\brotlipy_51a03ddcd10e4fefa0a68da0cb0cdf60\
    Complete output (12 lines):
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build\lib.win-amd64-3.9
    creating build\lib.win-amd64-3.9\brotli
    copying src\brotli\brotli.py -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.9\brotli
    copying src\brotli\build.py -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.9\brotli
    copying src\brotli\__init__.py -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.9\brotli
    running build_clib
    building 'libbrotli' library
    error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'c:\python39\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\henry\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-qnjdawky\\brotlipy_51a03ddcd10e4fefa0a68da0cb0cdf60\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\henry\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-qnjdawky\\brotlipy_51a03ddcd10e4fefa0a68da0cb0cdf60\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-bbash48s\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'c:\python39\Include\brotlipy' Check the logs for full command output.```

I’m using git bash as well

Thanks for the information, I’ll look into that and get back to you.

It seems that to build/compile some of the dependencies that requires to have build tools from Microsoft. You can follow the answer on this link to install that one as well. Please let me know if that doesn’t works for you.

Thank you for reaching out Henry! I will close this topic as it seems your issue is now resolved.

1 Like