Error while running cats and dogs

Failed to build featureset ‘cd_pet_features’: LayerClientException ( ‘There was an error servicing your request.’ )

Hi tulasiram!

There were some sporadic issues in beta.layer.co over the last few days and this seems related to that.

We have resolved some of them, so wanted to check - is this problem still happening for you?

Best,
Volkan

Hi volkan, I just ran now although the previous error is resolved now I am getting time out exception. Please find the log

💾 Starting...
2021-06-29 19:17:15 | dataset     catsdogs                       ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ DONE      [380ms]     
2021-06-29 19:17:22 | featureset  cd_pet_features                ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ERROR     [7003902ms] 
2021-06-29 21:15:37 | model       ct_pet_model                   ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ PENDING   [0ms]       
LAYER RUN FAILED after 7011049ms:
Failed to build featureset 'cd_pet_features': error id: b'', details: Operation timed out

Got it, thank you. We’ll look into this on our side and get back to you!

Hi volkan, Just upgraded layer sdk. Got some new error

Failed to build featureset 'cd_pet_features': (DatasetBuildId(0a1bb941-fbdd-42fe-810f-e7ce85c4adac),com.layer.featureengine.PythonExecutionException: 
LayerClientException('There was an error servicing your request.'))

Layer Version Used: layer -sdk==0.6.6

Hi tulasiram,

I’ve been able to identify the error you are seeing. Under the hood this is a memory exception. At present python feature builds are limited to 2GB memory at build time.

We are actively working on making the resources configurable and also making these type of errors more descriptive to users.

In the meantime, I can suggest you simplify this feature code or use a smaller dataset.

Hi tulasiram,

We’ve released an increase to the memory limit. Please try again and let us know if you are still facing issues!

Thanks,
Dimitar

Hi tulasiram,

I will close this topic due to inactivity, but please feel free to raise another question if you’re still facing issues.

Best,
Volkan