Featureset Taking Too Long To Build

Hi,

I am trying to run the titanic project I initialized and I think it is stuck at the featureset build. I have attached a screenshot below:

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for raising the issue. I’m taking a look now, will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Alex

Hey Stephen, can you share the full logs from layer run? What version of the layer CLI are you using? Is the issue happening repeatably?

Hi Alex,

RE: can you share the full logs from layer run?

Here you go:

RE: What version of the layer CLI are you using?

I am currently using WSL 2.0 Ubuntu 18.5

RE: Is the issue happening repeatably?
Yes, it does happen frequently. Both when I build with SQL features and Python features.

Thanks Stephen, just wanted to give you an update. We have reproduced the issue on our side and have started looking into the cause. Today we released 0.6.6, which should address the issue of indefinitely running builds, however we are aware of another intermittent issue that we are working on diagnosing and fixing as soon as possible (related to failed builds as a result of com.layer.featureengine.PythonExecutionException: MemoryError()). Will get back to you with more info when I have it.

In the meantime, thanks for raising this issue and helping us diagnose it.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, Alex!

Hi Alex,

The titanic project now builds successfully with the recent upgrade to the layer-sdk using:

pip install --upgrade layer-sdk

Thank you.

2 Likes

So glad to hear it! If you run into any issues please just shout and we’ll try to help as soon as possible!

1 Like