LayerClientException: There was an error servicing your request

I’m getting failures when I attempt to perform layer run. I tried to check what the case was when I attempt to get the data from a jupyter notebook but the error I was getting was LayerClientException. I’ve attached GitHub repo to reproduce the problem.

Git Repo: GitHub - kurtispykes/Credit-Approval

Thank you for sharing this issue.
We’re looking into the possible cause and its resolution.

Hey Kurtis, just a quick update that we haven’t forgotten about this. We have resolved one issue and now are working on the internal dataset store error you have faced. Will give you an update when we have made progress. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Hi Kurtis, we’ve diagnosed the issue in the project. The config for hyperparameter tuning is missing the min parameter in your project in multiple places. If you need a reference for the hyperparameter tuning you can find info here: Hyperparameter Tuning | Layer Documentation
Sorry that the error isn’t descriptive here, we will fix that as soon as we can!

I also noticed you have references to model..py in the same model configs which is likely a typo.

Hope this helps, just shout if you hit any other issues

1 Like

I am still receiving internal dataset store error

image|690x233

Hey Kurtis, we’re going to make a release with further fixes early next week. Please stay tuned and try again when that release goes out.

Thanks!
Volkan

1 Like

I recently performed the upgrade to the new release. Now when I run my project I get the following error:

(venv) C:\Users\kurti\Documents\Credit-Approval\credit-approval>layer start
Layer 0.8.0 using https://beta.layer.co
Loading the project under C:\Users\kurti\Documents\Credit-Approval\credit-approval
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\kurti\\Documents\\Credit-Approval\\venv\\Lib\\site-packages\\layer\\assets\\project_schema\\hpt.json'

This is confusing because I haven’t altered anything in my virtual environment.

Would you mind creating a new venv from scratch?

1 Like

I tried creating a new environment which did not work. I started the project from scratch (copying and pasting the necessary parts) but this also did not solve the problem.

We are working on it. Meanwhile, you can run your project with layer-sdk version 0.7.3
pip install layer-sdk==0.7.3

Hi Kurtis,

We’ve now released version 0.8.1 of the Layer SDK which has a fix for this issue. Please upgrade you local install of the SDK and try again.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Hey @kurtispykes, haven’t heard from you so going to close this ticket. Please don’t hesitate to create a new thread if you encounter any issues in future!